1. Mihir Garh fort- If you want to have the most majestic experience and feel like a royalty from the pre-independence era, then this is the perfect destination for you. Located in Jodhpur, the palace has all the modern day facilities with its rustic charm like the courtyard, private terrace, jacuzzi, etc. The beautiful location in the middle of nowhere really gives you the opportunity to disconnect with the bustle of your everyday lives and enjoy some peace and solace. With Marwari breed horse, village safari, royal picnics, and Shikhar dinner in the moonlit Thar Desert, it is a prerequisite for all the visitors.
2. Taj Umaid Bhawan Palace- If you want to live life the Maharaja style, with a huge throne where you can boss people around, then this palace is here to fulfil those dreams. Located in Jodhpur, the monument has exquisite intricate artwork with yellow sandstone all over. It’s Marble squash court, panelled recreation room, smoothening Taj Spa, and lavish city tour organised by the hotel in a royal vintage vehicle accompanied by a royal butler is what really attracts tourists.
Living in the 21st century, modern accommodations have gone out of fashion. With tradition interiors and hotels with historical importance coming back into play, giant hoteliers have started converting old palaces and mahals into hotels to give you the utmost Indian experience while you enjoy an exquisite stay.
3. Rohetgarh palace- The perfect mixture of antique and modern, this palace proves to offer you the feel at home hospitality that you deserve. Located in Jodhpur, one cannot ask for more. With beautifully decorated lounge, placid verandahs, and terraces with outstanding views make it a perfect relaxing holiday destination. It is a true depiction of Rajasthani folk culture.
4. Hari Mahal – The Mahal has been taken over by the Taj hence you would find every kind of luxury one will expect to find in a 5-star setting. One of the best that Jodhpur has to offer, it has exquisite architecture, massive domes and enchanting decor. With camel ride, folk dance, dining in the sand dunes or terrace or Jharokhas, and exclusive city tour in a vintage car, there is no better place that one could visit.
5. Chokhi Dhani- Been in business since the 1990’s, this is one of the best resorts one will find. Saving the best for the last, it is highly affordable and one can enjoy the true Rajasthani delicacies under their territory. With hand-painted walls, mesmerizing intricate wall work and gigantic domes, the resort provides you with the most delicious food in the entire region.